There are few things that make you feel better than stepping into a warm bath at the end of a cold winter day. And there’s a simple way to make it even more therapeutic—just add bath salts.
Winter is a great time to enjoy the healing benefits of bath salts. From helping you to relax and unwind after a long day to easing muscle pain, sprinkling bath salts into the tub can have a wide range of health benefits.
It’s easy to add a pre-made mix into your bath and only slightly less easy to make your own. We found a beautiful Lavender & Mint Bath Salts Recipe from Wellness Mama that offers an all-in-one way to give your bath a healthy boost.
Lavender & Mint Bath Salt Recipe
- 2 cups Epsom salt to help with muscle aches, circulation, joint pain, skin hydration and more
- ½ cup baking soda to give your skin a detox that can help care for various skin concerns
- ¼ cup of dead sea salt for added essential minerals to assist with inflammation, wound healing, joint pain, along with other benefits
- 30 drops of lavender essential oil as an aromatherapy that’s excellent for relaxation and stress relief
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil to mix with the lavender oil for a calming effect that can relieve anxiousness and stiffness
- 2 Tablespoons oil of choice (argan, coconut, jojoba, etc.) to counteract the drying effects of salt and help moisturize skin
Mix the first three ingredients together in a glass jar. Sprinkle in essential oils and stir the last ingredient through. Store in a cool, dark place. Use 1/4 cup per bath.